Saturday, November 5, 2011

#MakeNoiseForMarcoSunday is a go!

The first video has already been uploaded to the #MakeNoiseForMarcoSunday Facebook group's page -- by Jason Rogers. No, he wasn't cheating, it was already 10:30 on Sunday morning in Australia.



Pascal Bompard, another Aussie, recorded this video, too.

I worked an afternoon shift in the grocery store, and I work Sunday morning, too. So I'll be out in the parking lot of the [NAME OF EMPLOYER REDACTED] store on Ward Parkway in Kansas City at 10:30 CST.

As for what all this means... It's been a long day for me, I'm sick with a terrible cold, and I have to get some sleep because I have a long day of work at my day job ahead of me tomorrow. Yes, organizing global events is just a hobby for me.

So figuring out what #MakeNoiseForMarcoSunday really means is a task for another day, when it's had time to sink in. In the meantime, many of you will read this before it's 10:30 on Sunday where you live. Make a plan to get out and rev your bike for 58 seconds -- preferably with other motorcyclists. Whether you do it alone or in a group, please video it if you can, and upload it to our Facebook group page. Even if you don't video yourself, add your comment, tell us what you did and where, and how it felt.

OK, I've gotta' go. It's T-11 hours here in Kansas City.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at the clip again, it's obvious I was trying not to annoy the other folks out enjoying their Sunday morning. So a tip to the rest of you waiting for the 10:30am to come around: don't go to a picturesque spot like I did, instead go to a place you can rev as loud as you want.

    As for meaning? It was really just a very small personal tribute to Marco. But it was also a chance to contribute to a collective gesture of respect, by adding volume to a sound wave I imagine and hope is travelling around the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!
    Here's Abu Dhabi... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmnQEhd40I4

    #makenoiseformarco

    ReplyDelete